Neighborhood squirrels and ways to my heart...

Life has been pretty hectic around here the past couple of weeks.  With school now started and my work schedule picking up (Not counting the two births in one week!) it feels like we have less and less time alone together! We both wish there was a weekend that from Friday-Sunday we had nothing to do and no where to go! (Besides church, of course!)

I don't see that happening ANY time in the future but we do try and spend our evenings and (my favorite, but very rare times in the) mornings together.

Our porch has been our go to place for meals and our "Tell me about your day" talks. We watch Nova go crazy watching the neighborhood squirrels run up and down the sidewalk and trees just giggling at how perfect we think our dog is haha We then always say how thankful we are for our little family :)


Before we know it though, it's time to go back to work. We both put in long hours but I'm thankful we never forget to have fun together or make time for each other.

 Sometimes it's the little things. Like the hug Cain gives me before leaving for work in the mornings (Its a long sweet, sweet hug) , a funny video we save so we can share it with the other once we are both home, or when Cain has to make a trip to Lowe's and brings me back a new plant (The way to my heart) or a break in my day to visit Cain at work to give him a little gift to say "I'm thankful for you!"

These things are just reminders of how thankful we are for each other and a way to show our love.



We know life will just get more and more busy, but we are trying to make good habits for the busy days. We love ours jobs, which is one of the reasons we work so much! But I always have to remind myself of a quote my best friend gave to me so many years back  .... "Never get so busy making a living you forget to make a life"

Those words have stayed with me since that day. Maybe because I have the quote on a board next to my desk ... haha  and because it's so true in my life, I couldn't forget.

 I love everything I do and I like to do it often! But I never want to miss out on other things around me. So with that I'm signing off .... this time not to work but to take a nice long bike ride with Nova Blu :) Because new plants, long bike rides, walks to the park, mornings on the porch, spending time with Graci, sitting and sharing stories with my mom and cuddling in bed next to Cain and Nova are just a few ways to my heart ....







No comments