Washington DC | Day 1 & 2

Before Christmas, Cain and I sat down and planned out the things we wanted to do this year (best we could!) we thought about who we wanted to see (Out of town family) this year and where we wanted to go. The first place Cain said was Washington DC. I wrote it down and said "Done!" 

I went to DC when I was younger with my family and loved it. I didn't remember everything though and that's why I jumped at going again. But I did add "If we go to Washington DC, I would like to go to New York city while we are "Close" to it" 

Cain agreed and the planning started there! Soon after I talking to my parents about our trip and asking advice about where to go, stay and what to see - they seemed like that would be a trip they would love to do again, so we invited them with us! 

Which turned out to be the greatest part of our whole vacation! We adore my parents and enjoy spending time with them. So why not do a vacation together? :) AND it saved both of us a lot of money by splitting things by two. Hotel, gas, taxi, subway and tickets ...  :) 

So here is our first and second day in Washington. 

 Friday was spent walking a whole lot, freezing a little (ok a lot!) and seeing tons of amazing museums!

Saturday was spent waking a little bit more then Friday, freezing a little bit less, seeing bomb threats and visiting great memorials :)

Here is a list of some of the museums, monuments and memorials we saw! I've given each a * star by my favorite/must see! So 4 stars being "Awesome" and 1 being "Okay" (But still great of course!)

National Air and Space Museum*
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum***
National Museum of America History**
National Museum of America Indian**
Washington Monument****
National Mall****
Lincoln Memorial****
Thomas Jefferson Memorial***
The White House****
George Washington Memorial Park***
United States Capitol****
Korean Way Veterans Memorial***

Food :

Denny's (I did NOT eat!) - No stars
America Indian food court ** -Had bison burger with sweet potato
Founding Farmers*** -Chicken soup and Dates wrapped in bacon (Everything local and mostly organic)
Chipotle***

I also packed food for my breakfast and snacks!




















































iPhone spot light!


After driving all night, taking back roads and getting no sleep we stopped to eat before getting to DC.


Dad - "Guys, just look at it! It's beautiful!"










We couldn't of went at a better time ... look who we got to see!



Bomb threat happening right where our van was parked ... it's funny now lol


You couldn't take pictures inside of the White House.







We found a organic restaurant in town! It was great. Happy I could eat there without worrying if I would get sick!


We spent one more day in Washington DC .... more to come!

No comments