You paint I paint | Cave's updated kitchen

I'm so excited about this blog post! I can officially say the Kitchen in our new cave is finished and I am enjoying the new look! 

The last aptpartment we were at, I never painted. It was all white and I like it that way. Knowing we would only be there a year (I only lived there 4 months) we didn't see the point in spending the money and time adding personally touches to the apartment. 

Now that we are in a home and see ourselves here longer we wanted to add that personal touch. 

When we moved in, the kitchen was the first thing I knew I wanted to change. The yellow walls aren't really me. Along with the blue cabinets. 

Here is a picture I took the first morning I was at the apartment, Cain had just left for Drill and I had a mess to put away! 




Here is another picture showing the yellow walls and blue cabinets. This was taken I think after about a month of being in the house. 



Last week we both had Wednesday off so I  thought it a perfect time to dive into paint and see what we could do to the kitchen! Cain being the supportive husband he is, only complained a little ;) haha I'm just kidding.



Hard thing about redoing anything in the house is the mess it can make. I think the kitchen can make the biggest messes!


While I started painting the cabinets white Cain took off the doors and sanded them down. 



Here is a before and after of the inside of cabinets... yes they needed done!!



BEFORE ....


Almost done!



AFTER.....

I hated this "curtain" so much haha I don't like seeing the things under the sink! This was a EASY fix. I went to Walmart, picked out this burlap ($1.25) with the rod ($1.00) and BAMB! Hidden and cute!

If you have ever painted I'm guessing you had the same trouble I did. Finding the right color. 

I went to Lowes with Cain. I picked out the whitest, white and the perfect gray color. When I went to get the gallon the employee questioned my "white" color. She asked if I wanted a more white, white. 

Haha I laughed and said "Isn't this white though?"

I was so wrong, she went over and picked out another color white and put it up agaist mine. My white looked PINK next to hers! I was in shocked at the difference. So I said, "Is this really gray then??" 

Nope it wasn't, it looked nothing like the gray I thought I wanted. It took about another 5 minutes to find the right color. Cain ended up picking the color though and I'll be honest, it wasn't the one I wanted but I really didn't care all that much!

Compared to the yellow, I couldn't be happier :)

I really wanted a new faucet because the old one linked a little. We would finish the dishes, head to bed, lay down and hear....  "Drip, drip.. drip.." AHH it drove us nuts. 

We didn't realize how much a faucet would cost though! How do people build homes and buy everything new?! We are NOT there yet. For sure. 

We were happy with this one though, was in the lower price range :) 


This armoire was given to me from a friend. I painted it for our Wedding last May. (This photo was from our Wedding day ) It was a reddish color before I turned it Turquoise blue.

 I loved this turquoise color and thought I would always have it. BUT ... In the new house the only place I seem to think it will fit is in the kitchen.  

But when I painted the walls this gray color I didn't think the turquoise matched. It really didn't! So I made the decision to paint it! 





And white it is! White, because we already had the color and because I love the fresh look! Cain sanded it down for me so I could still see a little of the turquoise though. What do you think?!





Phew! Happy to be done! We love waking up and walking through here every morning to let Nova out the door. The room looks tons bigger now with the lighter colors and I feel like I have more space to move around :) It's a little more "fun" to cook in here too ;)

So the official BEFORE and AFTER ....



Next is the bedroom!


1 comment

  1. Kitchen looks amazing!!! So proud of your "teamwork" 💋💋💋

    ReplyDelete