Week #2 2015

1.8.15

This is Nova's spot. At our old apartment we had the couch right up against the window looking out on the yard. She would be there morning-night watching the people pass by, staring down squirrels and letting us know if any other dogs were out there that wanted to play!

Now in our new home the couch is now right where this window is. Nothing goes on outside that she won't tell us about :) We love our watch dog.



1.9.15

The snow just keeps coming!





Nova was very interested in why Cain didn't let her out to help shovel the snow! 

Oh maybe because the neighbor lady was out too and we took a wild guess that it would be best to NOT let Nova lick her face off!

1.10.15

I know there are beautiful sunsets every night, but sadly I seem to always miss them or not have my camera on hand when I do see them. This evening though I was out taking photos when this happened.


1.11.15

Sundays might be my favorite day. I normally get to go home (Dad&Mom) and spend the day talking with my parents. I always come home with goodies too. Thanks Dad for my Money plant (Cain wants to know when it will start growing money)




1.12.15

I received this awesome gift from my mother in law, Toni. She had this made for our cave. I haven't decided the location it will go at ... all in good time though. 

P.s the "love" birds are my favorite part! 




1.13.15

Tuesday was my first day out since the heavier snow came. Cain kindly made a path and cleared off my car before leaving for school that morning.




Before heading off though I took the second to see how pretty the house looks with snow around with blue, blue skies. 

1.14.14

When we moved in this past November I knew right away that I couldn't have a yellow kitchen. Now if you have a yellow kitchen and you love it... by all means, keep it and live in it. But me, no way! My sister had a yellow room growing up and I loved her room. I would walk in and it would be like the happiest place on earth.

But it's not my color and with the blue cabinets also in the kitchen, it was a hot mess... for me that is!

So Wednesday we changed things up a bit. You'll see the before and afters here soon :)




1.15.15

After a very busy day before painting the kitchen I was left with a huge mess to clean up while Cain went back to school for the day. I had to paint some more things, put back together the kitchen, do the loads of laundry and just totally clean up the house! 

I also needed to run to the store to pick up some groceries. When I went out to my car, it wouldn't start! It was dead! Battery gone. No longer working. HA

The plans I had for the day disappeared lol so having to wait for Cain to get home to do the running around I needed wasn't part of the plan, but it worked. 

I had planned to make pizza for dinner, which takes a hour or more. I have to make the crust from scratch, pizza sauce, and "ranch" dressing.  I had to cook the chicken, crust and bacon too. 

Yes it would have been tons easier to order pizza in that night, or even run out and get it frozen. But that's not how I work. When I sit down to eat I want to know whats in my food and that it's good for our bodies! 

So I baked away while Cain put a new battery into my car. (Thankful for a handy husband!)

Some things just don't go as planned but we make do just fine, we work better together :) 


No comments