Peek of snow and cave

Hello from my new office! My computer is all set up and I am back to working on pictures! 

Did anyone else wake up to some snow on the ground? It was a welcomed sight for us! I'm very much ready to hide away for the winter with my wolf pack (Cain and Nova) in our new cave! 

I'm normally not so excited for snow and winter time but for some reason this year I am. Now don't get me wrong I still hate driving in the snow and ice is not my friend but I guess this new season in our life as a married couple as made me think differently about hiding away for the winter :)



So this morning I felt like things went "back to normal" or we found a little peek into what normal will be like here. The past few days have been a little hectic with both our work schedules. We weren't home at the same times and when we were it was late and we couldn't enjoy our perfect new cave, together!

Last night was the first clearing in sight that life would all be okay and we would be able to enjoy this place, together. We had plans to have family over but due to their sickness the plans changed so that left us on the couch catching up on our favorite TV shows and a movie!

When we first got to the house I  wanted to put into action some of the goals I talked to Cain about for the new house and we did start the new set of goals the first night we were here and so far they have held up! I will share more about these goals in another post but one of them was to go to bed early, without a TV on or our phones.

You see in the last place we lived we shared our bedroom with the living room, my office and a "dinning room". So it was easy for me to stay up way late to edit pictures because it was right there, next to my bed. And while I edited pictures Cain would have the TV on which was right next to our bed.... everything was right next to our bed!

I've done a lot of research on the effects of not having good sleep and what the "blue" light does to our sleep cycle. Read more about that HERE .

So the first step into making this happen was agreeing that we wouldn't put a TV in our new bedroom.

This was a joke to Cain at first. He laughed when I asked him about it! I was like "I'm not joking!" We didn't agree on anything right away and after about a week I thought of an idea that I hoped would change Cain's mind.  I offered that what if we could buy a bigger TV for the living room but only if we could agree to having no TV in the bedroom.

It worked! He was game and we both agreed on that :) Cain wouldn't of minded not having a TV in the bedroom without me offering the bigger TV but I never want to force my ideas (as natural and hippie as they are) on him.

Through this whole journey of bettering myself through food and all around heath I have never wanted to make Cain do it, if he really didn't want too. Cain's a smart guy though (Hint: why I married him!) and he understands the knowledge behind eating right and living a natural way. So I've never had to make him do anything and he is always interested in the things I bring to him once I've learned them myself.

 He questions them and sometimes asks me hard questions about the things,  but only because he wants to know the facts, not just the "Hippie" facts. I've always have been able to put facts behind what I say and then once we understands, he can agree too. He likes to put up a fight sometimes, but I always win! ;)

So with our TV in the living room (not in bedroom!) we have made it a point to be in bed by around 9:00pm and set our phones aside. Easier said then done but I think over time if we keep trying we will make it a habit!

I will post all my new goals and better living ideas for our new cave, soon! Even if you aren't about to move these goals can be set up wherever you are!

So here is a little sneak peek into our sweet cave...

I love this window in the dinning room. I haven't decided yet if I will keep my Aloe Vera plant there but for now its there and I don't feel like moving it ...





I found this chair at a garage sale this past summer and painted it my favorite color for a prop at our wedding. It wasn't used at our last aptament because we didn't have space for it so I'm not quite sure where I want it here at the new place. 

Like the plant, it's there now who knows if it will stay... just don't feel like moving it! Graci put our "G" on there when she was here last. It's "Our" G because her first name starts with G just like our last name.

Nova is still getting used to her new cave. She would cry and cry when she and I first moved into the apartment with Cain in June. Poor girl. But she only cried the first morning here and I think that's because she missed her dad. 

We found out she is afraid of the furnace when it starts up, she was very worried when she first heard it and came running to me like "Mom, we've got to get out of here, something is about to attack us!" 

Just this morning when we heard it come on she stopped, looked at me with her scared eyes and I reassured her that it's going to be okay. She then relaxed and found her place on the couch. 


More to come on the house! Here is a little layout of where things are at :)


No comments