Up to date on things

We have some things we want to bring everyone up to date on!

First to be updated is my blog! Woo hoo. What do you think? Different right! Good or bad? I love the fresh look and am happy to have things updated. A BIG thanks to my mother in law Ruthie for helping me out with it! 

Next thing we need to bring up to date ... our home address! Yup. We MOVED! 

God worked in great ways this past weeks to get us to where we are today. I did not plan this nor did Cain. It was honestly all in God's hands how we came to call this home, our home. 

Our lease was coming to a end and we had been on a hunt for a new place. Something with a bedroom was the big goal. After sleeping in our living/office/dinningroom it was time for a change. And some more space! I have been changing my clothes in our kitchen for the past 6 months, that's how bad we needed a bedroom! 

The only problem was anywhere with a bedroom was going to be more expensive and we couldn't afford much more then what we were paying already. 
So we found a townhouse right around the corner from the apartment we already had. Same landlord too. It had a bedroom, but the price was do-able! It seemed perfect and we were going to be signing a new lease there but there was one window that had to be fixed before we could move in. He said it should be done within the next week... Well almost two weeks had past and we hadn't heard back. 

I was getting really impatient about the whole thing. It was last Monday I had the week off, I wanted to move RIGHT THEN. I was sick and tired of our neighbors smoke in the hallway and all the other junk that was around. I asked Cain to go please talk to our landlord and see if the window is done yet so we can move out and move into the townhouse.

Cain did just that on Monday morning and he came back with bad news, it wouldn't be done for another couple of days, maybe a week. I pouted around the rest of the morning. 

Then, I got I message on Facebook from someone I had taken pictures for. (Ashlee) She knew Jodi Heller (Graci's mom) and she had a house for rent in Fort Wayne and wanted to know if I was interested. 

I looked at Cain and said "Haha I think God is trying to tell me something!" (To be patient) 

After talking with Ashlee everything seemed just to perfect. We ended up meeting the very next day to check the house out. I had my parents come along to see what they thought too. 

We all fell in love with the house. 

That night we all prayed about the whole thing. I told my dad that while I was being impatient trying to rush into this townhouse (The one with the window that needed fix) , God had other plans in mind for our family and keep that window waiting to be fixed. I know it!

That morning before Cain left for work we both agreed that even though this would be more money a month for rent, that we were going to trust God to provide for our needs. 

I made a quick call to Betsy and asked for her advice and to pray for me. I was having a hard time letting go of my control and giving it to God. 

This past weekend was not the greatest time to move seeing how Cain had a three day Drill. But we made it work! I packed everything up (on my own, yes I feel like I deserve some kind of reward) and even though I had two sessions Saturday morning I still was able to finish packing everything up and with the BIG help from my parents, we moved in!


It sounds like no big deal writing that out. But it was a lot of trips down stairs, up stairs, down stairs and back up! Driving to old apt, new house, old apt and back to new house.

By Sunday night I had all but one box unpacked. 

So Monday morning Cain left for work and about two hours later he sent me a text. 

(You know how I said at the beginning this move was all in God's hands? Well here's why I said that)

Cain got a raise! And a bonus with it. 

I felt this overwhelming peace come over me when I read his text! The weekend we move into a house, that's going to cost us more then we had planned... Cain get's a raise. We trusted God to provide and He did. 

God always provides for us, he never leaves us out to fend for ourselves but at times we don't always see the plans He has for us. This time we did though. We could have missed it, I'm sure we have many of other times. 

We could have said "How lucky you got a raise" But I don't think it was luck. It was the grace of God. 

Our new landlords are amazing people that I also feel like God had a purpose for us meeting. We have already connected in a great way and I know that we are in good hands if we ever needed anything. 

Cain and I haven't been able to really enjoy this house together yet. Cain's worked everyday, ALL day since we have been in and I work this week too so I'm praying here soon we will be able to sit down and just enjoy this place we now call home :)





1 comment