Smell those pretty roses?

Stop and smell the roses.

I don't have any roses around me. If you do, go around and smell them but if you don't, like me... then use this as a metaphor. 

Smell those roses. The sweet moments in life that die just too quick! 

I am trying to not only heal my body through the foods I do and don't eat. But I am also trying to relax and take it easy on myself. (Smelling those roses) 

Because I am always thinking about the next move, the next step, the next day... what's next is always on my mind!

From work, to making food, keeping the house clean, to spending time with my husband and family. I'm always on the go go go... because I want to get everything done right... yesterday! 

Cain has mastered the "relax" part of life. He can sit back anytime in the day and enjoy a movie or game. I just stare at him like he is CRAZY! I don't care if I have anything to do... I will find something to do! But that isn't always the right thing because I am putting my body through more stress then it can handle. 

When you go into stress mode your body starts craving foods to fuel itself because it knows that you will need something to keep you going! 

Those foods come in the form of junk food, sugar and just plain crap!

And while your mind is going 100 different ways (I'm talking to the females) the last thing it wants to think about is eating something that will actually benefit you. It wants what will comfort you, and for so many that is sugar (bread, cake, granola bars, cookies, fruit... yes even fruit) 

So my goal is to keep my body from over stressing and fueling it with the right foods so that I can finish my tasks without cravings.... and have time to sit and stare at those roses! 

Am I making sense? Haha

I write a list everyday of what needs done. And I make sure that I take at least an hour of the day to do something for me. 

Something I love and never seem to have time for. 

It has been so rewarding for myself doing this. 

___________________________________________________________________________

This past Sunday we had a special day. 

Cain was baptized! And who better then my dad to do the honors right? I think it's special to say both of us have been baptized by the same pastor :)





We were so happy to have Scott and our sweet little sister Alexis there to share in our special day. 

Looking forward to this weekend to come, I have some great pictures planned along with a date day with Cain :) Hope everyone enjoys their weekend also... and remember, try and relax and smell some roses along the way...

Mrs. Grogg

No comments