Inside my kitchen today...





Take a look into what a kitchen looks like when you make everything from scratch! 

It's amazing how much perperation you have to do when making "Real Food" every day. 

There is no "Babe will you run through Taco Bell before you get home, I had a bad day" Or "Let's get pizza tonight I don't feel like baking" 

 I decided this for myself and my family but I wanted to be very clear it's not always pretty! (like the picture above) There are hard days when making supper is the last thing I want to do. But when I have a clear list of what's for supper each week , it does make it easier. 

I do make everything from scratch because it's the best thing for our health. It also taste so much better then everything I've had, including taco bell! I'm not a perfect "Chef" if that's what you would call me. But I do put a lot of love into what I make (Newly wed thing) 

So here is what I made today!

First thing I needed to do was soak the dates for the dessert I was making for Cain to take to work tomorrow. 

Next I make Cain a Cream Cheese Chicken lettus wrap (Left over chicken from the "Whole Chicken (Crock Pot)" << Recipe

After that I made a quick trip to Kroger's. Around 8:00am they mark down the meat that is about to go bad. It's my favorite kind of meat... not because it's about to go bad but because it's cheaper!!! 

I found a awesome deal on pork tenderloin so I decided to change up my dinner plans and have pork. 

When I got home I needed to make a marinade for the pork that I've been wanting to make. That didn't take long but getting spices out and back out again can be a pain! Once my pork was in the fridge with the marinade I finished the dessert by processing the dates with unsweetened coconut and pecans. And after they were set I added chocolate!... They are called No Bake German Chocolate bits << Recipe 




All stored and ready for Cain to take when he leaves at 5:15am.... AM! I dislike waking up that early!

After taking Cain his lunch, doing a little apartment searching (Our lease is about up!) I went to my Biolife appointment then came home to start packing for the weekend.

Most every weekend we make our way to my parents house because we go to church with them on Sunday's. It makes it easier to be there Saturday night so we don't have to wake up extra early on Sundays.

I also schedule pictures for the weekend home too! I have a great session this Saturday! Along with the Notre Dame game... going to be a great weekend!

So not only do I have to pack clothes for a couple days worth for us. I have to prepare all the food I will be bringing for me to eat. I am a little more picky with my food then my mom or even Cain. Even though they do make great choices. I am really trying to heal my body from years of eating junk. So I no longer am eating sugar..... *Gasp! I know haha all sugar too! Even honey and maple syrup! The "Good" stuff right?

Well what I am finding out even more then ever is ... listen up.... this is good stuff...  Sugar is Sugar! If it comes in the form of table sugar or honey. It's sugar once it hits your blood stream. And one of the only ways to heal your cells is to stop eating what's damaging them.

Okay enough about that (UNLESS you want to know more about healing your body, then please email me and I would love to pass on some great information!)

I needed to make Cain's lunch for tomorrow so I went ahead and got that in the crock pot later this afternoon. It's one of our favorite meals ... Buffalo Meat Balls with Ranch sauce. I got the recipe from Maria Mind Body Health Slow Cooker book. It's been one of my favorite recipe books yet!

I even made her Sub Bread << today for Cain to have with the meat balls! A much better choice then eating Yoga mat! Yoga mat?! you might think. YES! That's what's in SubWay bread. Hopefully not much longer though thanks to Food Babe <<

So for tonight's supper I made Bacon wrapped Pork Tenderloin with a side of cucumber salad :) UM!



You can find this recipe pretty much anywhere but I got mine from Ruled Me << Meal plan.

Phew! With all food packed for Cain tomorrow, my food packed for the weekend and supper cleaned up I am ready to call it a night!

But just for the night, because its up bright and early to make Cain breakfast before he leaves for work tomorrow!

Even though, yes.. making food from scratch is more time consuming and can make a mess at times. It's all worth it when I know my body is happy with what's being put inside.

Mrs. Grogg







No comments