Date day in Indy

Update from the Grogg's house!

Busy busy bee's. I'm normally the busy one but Cain lately has been too! School takes up two whole days of the week, plus the time he takes to study and do homework. He then works normally three days a week at the hospital.

So if you feel like you never see Cain, it's okay.. I feel the same!! :p

I am so busy with pictures it's amazing! I love my job and couldn't ask for better clients to work with. I have some weddings coming up soon too that I can't wait for. My schedule just got really full for October so I don't see things slowing down yet. So full force into October we will go!

So far September has been great! Even with this new busy life together we have it's been fun and we do try and take time for us.

Last Saturday we spent a date day, after I had pictures in the morning of course! but once that was over we headed to Indy to eat at Sobro Cafe. It's been a favorite restaurant of ours since the first time we went there almost a year ago! That was the night we got engaged if you don't remember!


We... but mostly, I ... couldn't go to Indy without a trip to Whole Foods! I go in not needing a whole lot... but come out with a WHOLE lot! I am thankful that my husband just smiles at how much I could love a grocery store ;)

This MCT oil is going to help me intake more healthy fat! More fat, less cravings for sugar! This is a no sugar journey for me... more of that to come!


Saturday night Notre Dame and Purdue were playing at the Lucus Oil Stadium (Now the truth comes out about why we wanted to go to Indy for our date day!!! :P )

We did not buy tickets before going because they were just too expensive! But we had high hopes that we could find cheaper tickets once we got there.

And with just our luck we did! We were pretty pumped for the game, even though it was a bit chilly for my liking I sucked it up... we had to cheer for ND :)












Notre Dame won :) We did not get home until very late Saturday night, or should I say very early Sunday morning but we needed that date day and I was glad we had the chance to spend the day together :)












So when we got married I thought we would see each other so much more and spend a lot more time with each other. 

This is true, sort of.

 I do see Cain often... every night and most mornings when he has the day off. But to be honest I thought we would always be together and that isn't true. There are days that he comes home and I have to leave for pictures right away and don't get home until late. 

Or he works all day and by the time he gets home we are so tired from the day we go to bed and our busy lives pick up once again the next morning.

It is teaching me to take advantage of every moment and to not take for granted the time we do share together. I realize that no matter where we are in life, we will always be busy. Even more so when we do have children. So I don't want to say "One day things will slow down" instead MAKE things slow down ... or at least take time for your spouse even with things being busy.

Which is what we will have to do this weekend. Cain is working three 12 hour shifts in a row! Phew. He is crazy! Thankfully he loves his job and enjoys working at the hospital :)

Until next time.

Mrs. Grogg






No comments