Why we eat Organic


Why organic?

Here is why, straight to the point no long story. (well maybe a little!)

Non organic food means it has GMO's (Genetically modified organism) The word "Modified" means (From Dictionary.com) "To change the form of qualities of; alter partially; amend:"

Hasn't our food always had GMO's?

No. It first came into our stores in the year 1994. And since then there has been more people facing food allergies, weight gain, health troubles even infertility.

Where are the GMO's?

More then 85 percent of corn and soy crops grown in the United States come from seeds whose DNA has been rejiggered. So look on the back of the boxed food or canned drink in your home and you'll find it.

Certified organic foods leave out GMO's along with pesticides and leave you with actual real food.

Why eat food that is modified, altered or change in quality?

It's cheaper, sorta. You see farmers who grow organic foods have to go through more trouble and money to get their food in stores then non organic companies.

I said sorta because yes it might be cheaper now to buy food that has pesticides or sugar that is causing cancer....  but one day you'll have to pay more in health care cost because of those choices. So pay the farmer now or the doctor later... it's your choice in the end.

So why do we eat Organic foods?

I think I've pretty much answered it already. But here is why.

August 2009

I don't want to be sick anymore. I may not have looked, acted or felt sick the years I was eating Taco Bell every day (Yes, everyday!) But inside my body was suffering. And down the road if I would have kept up, I know it would have affected me.

We want to live full lives. Not half of it. Because eating junk food doesn't mean you're "Living it up" because You Only Live Once.... (That's sad to hear) Cain says YOLO is Carpe Diem (Seize the day) for douche bags haha. Because it actually means you are putting yourself at risk for heart, liver, and digestive problems. And the older you get the more it will become aware of what's really happening to your insides and it will start showing on the outside through pain, headaches and weight gain.

I decided to eat Organic foods not just for myself but for my future kids. Just as I decided not to drink alcohol or smoke when I was just a teenager.  I wanted a healthy, pure lifestyle for my children and that's where it started... and then overtime I realized that I wanted to add a little more to a healthy lifestyle by what I was eating to what I was putting on my body.

Everyday I learn something new that is harmful to me. And I still am not perfect and mess up a lot. But what I want to get out of this is to see my children not suffer from allergies caused by processed foods and to have energy for playing sports, be able to focus while doing school and to live a fulfilling life.

Those things I listed can happen for my future sweet babies, by what I decide to feed them. Now when they are old enough to make their own food choices I hope I can show them what's best by teaching them,  but it's on them in the end. Just like it's on you, now.

We aren't perfect like I've already said. We make adjustments here and there to make it easier on our family and friends. But there is only so much I will give in too.

Have you heard or seen this pictures before?


What it means is what we are eating today, fast foods, GMO's and processed foods is shaping us into what we will be in the future.

Now I have said all that to say... I never have and will never judge or think less of you if you don't buy organic food or even make healthier options just in general. I love my family and close friends and they know where my husband and I stand when it comes to our food choices. They have made adjustments for us and we are so thankful for that.

What we would love to see one day is our families thrive off real food and see how awesome it is to say no to processed food... not because you "Can't" eat it... but because you "won't" eat it. There is a difference and I've learned to love that.

How do we afford Organic food you might ask? I will be sharing that in the next couple of weeks.

We are a very young, newly wed couple who have to make hard choices when it comes to where to spend the little money we work hard for. Priority comes into play when we divide what we make into a budget.

If I can help just a little bit on how to make healthier choices, it means the world to me.

So just be aware, be smart and be healthy.

Mrs. Grogg







No comments