How to pack healthy on the road...


When I hear that people say eating a paleo diet or just not eating processed food is a "Fad" .... I can just laugh at what little they know. You see... if you are eating a paleo or a whole foods diet for longer then ...let's say a week. It's no longer a fad because I'm telling you right now. Eating real food, isn't easy.... wells it's easy, it's just not as easy as running through a fast food resturant. We all know when "diets" aren't easy... you don't stick with it so that's how I know it isn't a "Fad"

This is a life style for me. And I am happy to say Cain too! This isn't a "I wanna look healthy so I'm going to eat a salad" life style. I'm all in and won't turn back, because I know what's good for my body. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what we are eating in America today is killing us inside.

And because our country hasn't cared about our food there is MORE unhealthy options then HEALTHY options when going out to eat or traveling. It's been a challenge you could say, just trying to go out with a family member or friend around our town.

So when we decided to make a last minute trip to Florida I joked that the Paleo wife in me was going into battle mode to make sure I had all the weapons and gear to insure that I and Cain wouldn't starve the five days we were gone. Because for me... I would rather starve then eat junk!

Cain has given himself a lot more freedom when it comes to the food choices he makes. When we go out to eat he makes the best choices he has there and gives himself the grace to eat something not so healthy sometimes. I give him that grace too because with him being in the Military he won't be given options for a healthy meal (MRE's) and his body should be adapted to that, I think just a little.

If I was to eat, let's say.. Canola Oil right now... my body would reject it and I would be in bed for at least two days. Canola Oil is in most processed food and is one of the worst Oils out there for you to have. Because I have been clean from it so long even the littlest bit of it will send my body into attack mode. It's not good haha


Chocolate covered organic peanuts

Lara Bars


Boiled eggs

Dried Mangos

Cashews, Pumpkin seeds, macadamia nuts 

Sunflower seed butter 

Homemade chocolate chip cookies


So here is what I packed for our short trip to Florida. (We knew we would have a fridge everyday but the days we were on the road, so that helped)

Breakfast: (Packed, store bought and organic restaurant)
Boiled Eggs
"Nut Cereal"
Mixed Fruit
Strawberry muffin
Pasteurized Eggs
Bacon
"Urban Juicer"

Lunch: (Packed and organic restaurants)
Ezekiel bread with my "Just Peanut Butter" and homemade strawberry jelly (Cain)
Deer burgers (thanks to Matt and Betsy!)
"Wild Cow"
Earth Fare's lunch buffet


Dinner: (Packed leftovers and organic restaurants)
PB&J sandwich (Cain)
Deer Burgers
"Burger Up"
"Burgerfi"
All natural Turkey with avocado

Snacks: (Packed)
Pineapple
Banana
Apple
Peanut Butter
Sunflower seed butter
Dried Mangos
Cashews
Sunflower seeds
Madamaon nuts
Grapes
Mixed Fruit
Homemade Chocolate chip cookies (Cain's favorite cookies... mine too!)
Homemade chocolate covered peanuts (Cain) (With enjoy life chocolate chips)
Lara Bars

Drinks: (packed)
Water
Coconut water

There you have it! Just pretty much sums up all that we had. Nothing grand, besides when we ate out.

coconut water

I would have packed more meat and veggies if I thought we wouldn't be able to be going out to eat. And like I said we had a fridge at both Cain's aunts house and Betsy's house so that was a plus for us.

Here < is the link to the post about our trip to Florida!





I want to encourage you to try and pack ahead on your next road trip, or family event. Don't wait to get there and hope there will be something good to eat. MAKE something good to eat and bring it.

Every healthy food choice you make is putting you one step closer to living a full life with less disease, heart troubles,  diabetes and so much more!



Be aware, be smart, be healthy!

Mrs. Grogg







2 comments

  1. Everything you said is so true! You're awesome and thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the post! Hope to be a encouragement when it comes to eating healthy!

    ReplyDelete